It is so disrespectful when people say that “riding isn’t a sport, you just sit there”.
1) I didn’t realize that you were so familiar with the intricacies of the sport..
2) How is it that you think a horse, a very large, very muscular animal, would do something so completely unnatural WITH a menacing predator on his back if we weren’t doing anything?
3) No, I can’t explain what I do when I ride, to you. It took me years to understand what I’m doing, if you’re that interested start taking lessons.
4) Aids are invisible. If you see a rider not moving aka: “just sitting there” its probably because they are very, very good at asking subtly for what they want.
5) I don’t make assumptions about any one elses sport because everything is always harder than it seems.
I don’t understand why riding seems so insignificant to people? WE ARE CONTROLLING VERY VERY LARGE ANIMALS AND PERFORMING DANGEROUS ACTS/OBSTACLES. I don’t know how that DOESN’T impress people.
I’m over it now.